The aim of the Witnessing Medication module is to provide carers with sufficient knowledge to enable the safe & effective witnessing of:
- checking medication in including different medication systems
- the witnessing of handwriting a MAR chart,
- witnessing a “verbal order” over the phone,
- witnessing the discontinuation of medication on a MAR chart
- witnessing the administration of controlled drugs.
All staff involved in medicines witnessing should ideally be trained fully on the safe handling of medicines, however they should at least have been trained on the
basics to enable them to witness accurately which is the purpose of this module.
The module is 2 and a half hours in duration, a workbook is provided and a certificate on successful completion of the multi choice assessment.
To book this "Add-on" module please click here
Witnessing Medication Module is available as a LIVE online
Call 0800 689 0282 for details