The aim of the Enhanced Key Module is to provide carers & nurses with sufficient
knowledge to enable the safe & effective administration of medicines in care settings plus extra information & enhance their knowledge of how different medications work improving their care
The module provides theoretical knowledge, the practical assessment of competency being
carried out in the care setting by the line manager.
It is delivered by a fully qualified Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician registered
with the GPhC and includes:
- The law & regulations including CQC
- Drugs and medicines & their journey through the body and how they
- The common side effects & adverse drug reactions
- The administration of topical medicines e.g. eye, ear and nose drops,
inhalers, patches, personal products, homely remedies
- The 6 Rights of Administration including record
keeping, self-administration, covert administration and the use of monitored dosage systems.
- PLUS: medical terms & what they
- Using the BNF
- The meaning of warnings on
- All about warfarin, diabetes medication & analgesic
The module is 6 hours in duration, a workbook is provided and a certificate (valid for 2
years) on successful completion of the multi choice assessment.
Cost is £60 plus VAT per head (£72 inc VAT)
To book this module "in-house" for up to 15 staff please click here
(Minimum 10 places for "in-house" training)
PAY FOR 10 PLACES AT YOUR OWN PREMISES GET ANOTHER 5 PLACES FREE!