The aims of this module are:
To provide care staff with additional knowledge about commonly used medicines in social care covering:
- Different types of diabetes medication, how they work & possible side effects.
- Different types of analgesia, how they work, dosages & their possible side effects including commonly prescribed End of Life medicines.
- Antipsychotic medicines & all about anticoagulant medicines.
- Statins, what they are & how to administer them.
- Medicines used for Parkinson’s Disease & the importance of administering them on time. Underactive thyroid, symptoms, medication & their possible side effects.
- Diuretics, different types & why they are taken.
- Laxatives, types & how they work
- How to take Alendronic acid.