The aim of the Children’s Services Medication Module is to
provide staff with sufficient knowledge to enable the safe & effective administration of medicines in young people’s care settings, the content & delivery being
suitable for both carers & nurses
This module is based on our Key Module accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
who have assessed the content and delivery as being suitable for both carers and nurses.
The module provides theoretical knowledge, the practical assessment of competency being carried out in the care setting by the line manager.
It is delivered by a fully qualified Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician registered with the GPhC and includes:
- The law & regulations including Ofsted & CQC
- All about medicines & their journey through the body and how they work
- The common side effects & adverse drug reactions
- The administration of topical medicines e.g. eye, ear and nose drops, inhalers, patches, personal products, homely remedies
- The 6 Rights of Administration including record keeping, self-administration, covert administration and the use of monitored dosage systems.
The module is 4.5 hours in duration, a workbook is provided and a certificate on successful completion of the multi choice assessment.
Children's Services Medication Module is available as a
LIVE online interactive webinar!
Call 07771 762 913 for