The aim of the Key Module is to provide carers & nurses with sufficient knowledge to enable the safe & effective administration of medicines in care
This module is fully certified by the CPD Certification Service and provides carers & nurses with sufficient knowledge to enable the safe & effective
administration of medicines in care settings.
The sections give an end-to-end description of medicines management covering the legal framework of medication, the law around prescriptions & once they have
completed learners will have knowledge of drugs & medicines, the actions of medicines on the body & their side effects. All the legal aspects of medication handling, responsibility
& accountability are also covered & the implications to the learners if they fail in their duty of care.
- The law & regulations including CQC
- All about drugs and medicines & their journey through the body and how they work
- The common side effects & adverse drug reactions
- The administration of topical medicines e.g. eye, ear and nose drops, inhalers, patches, personal products, homely remedies
- The 6 Rights of Administration including record keeping, self-administration, covert administration and the use of monitored dosage systems.
The module is 4.5 hours in duration, a workbook is provided and a certificate (valid for 2 years) on successful completion of the multi
Course content is the same for all learning platforms;
Call us on 07771 762 913 to book!
Key Medication Module is available as a
LIVE online interactive webinar!
Call 07771 762 913 for details
Have a look at our Enhanced Key Medication Module full day couse for more in-depth knowledge