The aim of the Enhanced Key Module is to provide carers & nurses with sufficient knowledge to enable the safe &
effective administration of medicines in care settings plus extra information & enhance their knowledge of how different medications work improving their care and awareness.
The module provides theoretical knowledge, the practical assessment of competency being carried out in the care setting
by the line manager.
It is delivered by a fully qualified Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician registered with the GPhC and
- The law & regulations including CQC
- Drugs and medicines & their journey through the body and how they work
- The common side effects & adverse drug reactions
- The administration of topical medicines e.g. eye, ear and nose drops, inhalers, patches, personal
products, homely remedies
- The 6 Rights of Administration including record keeping, self-administration, covert
administration and the use of monitored dosage systems.
- PLUS: medical terms & what they mean
- Using the BNF
- The meaning of warnings on labels
- All about warfarin, diabetes medication & analgesic
The module is 6 hours in duration, a workbook is provided and a certificate on successful
completion of the multi choice assessment.
Cost is £60 plus VAT per head (£72 inc VAT)
To book this module "in-house" for up to 15 staff please click here
(Minimum 10 places for "in-house" training)
PAY FOR 10 PLACES AT YOUR OWN PREMISES GET ANOTHER 5 PLACES FREE!