The aim of the Children’s Homes
Medication Module is to provide carers & nurses with sufficient knowledge to enable the safe & effective administration of medicines in children’s care settings.
This module is based on our Key
Module accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society who have assessed the
content and delivery as being suitable for both carers and nurses.
The module provides theoretical
knowledge, the practical assessment of competency being carried out in the care setting by the line manager.
It is delivered by a fully
qualified Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician registered with the GPhC and includes:
- The law & regulations including Ofsted & CQC
- All about medicines & their journey through the body and how they work
- The common side effects & adverse drug reactions
- The administration of topical medicines e.g. eye, ear and nose drops, inhalers, patches, personal products, homely remedies
- The 6 Rights of Administration including record keeping, self-administration, covert administration and the use of monitored dosage
The module is 4.5 hours in duration,
a workbook is provided and a certificate on successful completion of the multi choice assessment.
Cost is £45 plus VAT per head (£54 inc VAT)
To book this module "in-house" for up to 15 staff please click here
(Minimum 10 places for "in-house" training)
PAY FOR 10 PLACES AT YOUR OWN PREMISES GET ANOTHER 5 PLACES FREE!
(Equivalent to £30 plus VAT per head)